Be a Champion For Children, Stand With CASA
Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program. Our application process is as follows:
- Conduct a Self-Assessment: please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if our program is the best fit for you.
- Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff (this is required before moving forward in the application process). **The next information sessions will be held in Summer 2017 (dates TBD) in preparation for the Fall Training. Please REGISTER HERE if you'd like to be attend an information session and you'll be contacted when the dates are set.
- Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may submit a volunteer application.
- Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions. At this time, we will also be asking you to fill out a waiver form, giving us permission to conduct a criminal background check.
- Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to attend our training. We currently offer two training opportunities a year - Spring and Fall. Training is between 30-35 hours long and is held on Tuesday and Thursday evenings over the course of three weeks, as well as two full day Saturday sessions. All of the dates and times are mandatory to complete our training program and become a CASA. **The Spring 2017 training class is currently full. Dates for the Fall 2017 training are not yet available - please check back!
Still Have Questions?
For further information or if you have any other questions, contact our Volunteer and Communications Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (617) 780-4055.
Other Volunteer Opportunities...
From time to time, volunteers are needed for a variety of other activities, including fundraising and coordinating and assisting at CASA special events. Please email email@example.com for more information.