Thank you for your interest in becoming a CASA volunteer with Boston CASA. Volunteers are essential to our program and we welcome your gifts of time & talent! CASA Volunteers come from all walks of life. They have a variety of professional, educational and cultural backgrounds. They are selected on the quality of their objectivity, competence, and commitment.
We require all potential volunteers to go through an application process, to be at least 21 years of age, and able to commit to 18 months with the Program. Our application process is as follows:
- Conduct a Self-Assessment: please take a moment to answer for yourself the questions on the assessment tool. This tool is meant to help you determine if our program is the best fit for you.
- Attend an Information Session: If you answer yes to the questions on the self-assessment, the next step is to attend an information session to hear a presentation from our staff (this is required before moving forward in the application process). **Information sessions are held at the Boston CASA office at 85 Merrimac Street, Suite 401 in Boston.
Upcoming information sessions are: Thursday, January 4, 2018 5:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.Please register HERE to attend this session – space is limited.
- Submit a Volunteer Application: After you attend the required information session, you may SUBMIT A VOLUNTEER APPLICATION.
- Join us for a Volunteer Interview: Once we receive your application & references, we will contact you to attend a 60 minute interview. The goal of the interview is for us (you & our staff) to determine if becoming a CASA is the best fit for you. It is also an opportunity for you to ask any additional questions. At this time, we will also be asking you to fill out a waiver form, giving us permission to conduct a criminal background check.
- Training: If we both decide it’s a good fit, you will be invited to attend our next training.
We are currently setting our 2018 Training Calendar, but anticipate the next training to take place in late January/early February 2018. Exact dates will be available here shortly.